Auxilium Girls’ Higher Secondary School was established in the year 1958 by the Salesian Sisters of Northern India which has its Head-quarters at Shillong.
Auxilium Girls’ Higher Secondary School is owned by the Salesian Sisters of Northern India, a body registered under Societies Registration Act 1860 and having its Office at Shillong
Auxilium Girls’ Higher Secondary School,Nongthymmai, is a Christian Minority School. The primary aim of this educational institution is to foster and promote the integral development of the students, enabling them to become intellectually competent, morally sound, spiritually strong, physically fit and socially alert, capable of critical judgement and ready to face the challenges of life. Its endeavour is to form the students into good and honest citizens capable of reaching out to the less fortunate brothers and sisters and contributing to the building up of a society based on peace and justice.
This Educational Institution is meant primarily for member of the Catholic community, but members of other communities are not excluded. The core formation comprises all the branches of education prescribed by the Government code. The school is recognized by the Meghalaya Board of School Education, Tura and prepares the young people for the SSLC and HSSLC Examination conducted by the Board.
The Salesian Sisters numbering over 14,000 are working in 89 countries. It is run according to the principles and method of a modern educator, ST. JOHN BOSCO. The constant effort of the management and the well trained staff is to ensure the integral development of the pupils and to bring out those qualities which are best and noblest in them. Special attention is given to ensure high standard of morality and discipline in the school.